Health

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Sugar free Life: When I can do then you can also


While entering into the lift of my society, I heard a kid saying to her Mom “Hey Mom. It’s a sugar free week for me in school so don’t get me any chocolates, cookies or donuts”. And guess what a blogger standing next to you needs, only a catchy word to pen down on it. And here I am with my next interesting blog.

Welcome readers. My this blog is all about my sugar free life, which I have been living for more than half a decade now and I am just loving it. My aversion to sugar started when I heard my Mom’s diabetic news for the first time. And everyone is aware that it’s a genetic disease and I took my first step to curb sugar from my life at least to start with a  week initially. I pledged not to have sugar in anything at any cost, and guess what...Like others I used to wink at myself and grab a chocolate of Dairy Milk Silk (which is my most favorite chocolate ever) every time with an attitude that nobody is looking at me J J. And this was my all time attitude which never got changed till the time I got admitted in hospital and diagnosed with kidney stones. Now I got an advice from Doctor to be cautious and keep an eye on your weight too.
There after I am not even left with an eye winking option for myself :-(
Hence I pledged again for no sugar as I had to take care of my weight too. And this time it was a sincere pledge, believe me๐Ÿ˜„

Since then, I stopped cheating on myself and continued living my life without sugar. Initially it was toughest time for mine as I being a tea addict and having a cup of tea without sugar was like travelling in Delhi's traffic without music haha..But I was left with no other choice. Then I started looking for substitutes of sugar to add up into my tea. 
At that time,someone introduced me with Stevia sugar free. Here I will go by Sanjeev Kapoor’s tagline on sugar free “Chini jesi mithas or chini bilkul bhi nhi J” which is absolutely correct as Stevia does not contain processed sugar so it’s a healthy option to make in use.

As we are seeing people becoming more health conscious these days, I would suggest everyone to go with Stevia or Jaggery which are tasty yet healthy options to have. And for adapting them,you just have to build up your taste.
Let me tell you,  when I can made these Oats laddoos and Foxnuts (Makhaana) laddoos without sugar and adding  Jaggery instead, then you can also make any dish of your choice with them.And they were heavenly yum :-) 

Makhaana Laddo

Oats Laddoo
Well I feel like making them again after seeing the image. Isn’t it mouthwatering for you all too?

 Not only laddoos, whenever you feel like craving for sugar go for a bowl of fresh fruits, smoothies, shakes, a piece of jaggery or Mishri. Even our cakes and ice-cream can be made at home without sugar. Soon will share mango ice-cream recipe on my blog page. 
My point is if we can enjoy the same sweetness with other healthy substitutes of sugar, then why to go for Cheeni. After all we should do justice with our body and should love it immensely as it’s gonna stay with us lifelong.
It’s my humble request to you all, please stop taking direct sugar as this has nothing except ample amount of calories. Infact go for Stevia, Jaggery, Jaggery powder, Khand, Brown sugar, honey anything of your choice.


Cheeni rishton me ghule to achi lagti hai lekin khane me ghule to Zehar bana deti hai”.

With this, Signing off now!!
Stay tuned for more such blogs.
Happy reading!!


7 comments:

  1. Cheeni kum... Hmmm I get what you wish to profess... On a serious note I agree with you. Keep blogging as I look forward to your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing absolutely amazing work Divya. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shukla Mukhi your mom
    It is a good thing to be health conscious.U have made yummy mouth watering ladoos and fox nut sweets.keep it up and nice explanation to make everyone aware.Good.

    ReplyDelete